Word jij onze nieuwe Embedded Linux Engineer?
Renson is an international company with roots in development, manufacturing and sales of products in the building industry for more than 100 years. Today Renson develops and distributes products in the domains of ventilation, sun protection and outdoor living experience.
Within our mission “Creating Healthy Spaces” we bring solutions for a healthy and comfortable indoor climate, taking in consideration sustainability and a minimal use of energy. Taking our mission a step further, in the world of connectivity, Internet of Things, big data and digitalization, evolution comes at high speed now.
Within the Renson’s R&D team for Digital Innovation, we are looking for an experienced Embedded Linux Engineer to develop and maintain our embedded Linux platform. You will collaborate closely with a team of Electronic Engineers and Embedded Software Engineers to build our innovative connected devices that contribute to our mission.
- Analyze requirements and design technical embedded Linux solutions.
- Work closely with the hardware development team and the embedded software team to specify, develop, debug and validate embedded Linux based systems.
- Configure, develop and maintain our embedded Linux build system, the kernel and bootloaders.
- Develop user space applications as part of our embedded Linux platform.
- Use modern software engineering practices: version control, CI/CD, multiple environments and automated testing and deployment.
- Develop and maintain automated test applications.
- Setup and maintain manufacturing software and test software.
- Offer occasional assistance to colleagues.
- Basic qualifications
- Passionate about technology and software.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Electronics, ICT, computer sciences, or equal.
- 3+ years of experience in developing, porting, compiling and debugging kernel and device drivers for embedded Linux.
- Experience with Buildroot.
- Experience with U-Boot.
- Experience in Bash scripting.
- Experience in C programming.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Understanding of hardware design and ability to read electronic schematics and data sheets.
- English knowledge, written and spoken.
- Additional skills and experience
- Experience in IoT/Smart Building domains .
- Experience with Yocto.
- Experience in C++ programming.
- Experience in Python programming.
- Knowledge of wireless communication technologies (Wifi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, NFC).
- Knowledge of test and diagnostic equipment like spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Dutch knowledge, written and spoken.
- Security knowledge
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both in a collaborative environment, as well as independently.
- Work in an inspiring team of R&D engineers.
- We offer a function in a growing and financially healthy company with real professional development possibilities.
- You will receive a contract of indefinite duration with a competitive salary with fringe benefits adjusted according to your experience and potential.
- 12 extra holidays
- Strong focus on training and development.