Word jij onze nieuwe Test & Release Engineer (Openmotics)?
At OpenMotics, we are re-imagining, re-designing, and re-engineering the way your building works. Smart building automation increases comfort, lowers your energy consumption and with optimised energy flows we help fighting the global carbon footprint. We are looking for passionate and creative people who love developing tomorrow’s IoT platform.
OpenMotics is a fast-growing company with a no-nonsense culture that gets stuff done. We build a professional open source building automation platform including automation hardware, energy measurement capabilities and a dynamic cloud management interface allowing the functionality to be extended by 3rd party services. We get off on solving real problems in the most elegant manner possible and want to work with people who think alike. We’re a team but also a family. We dream big, iterate fast, and like to build a better future.
- You have a passion for CI/CD and constantly look for improvements in our integration testing and release process
- You take up any challenge to identify, record, document and track bugs
- You have a Master or Professional Bachelor in CS/IT/ICT or equivalent through experience
- You have hands-on experience working with Docker, Jenkins, AWS and Python
- You are interested in embedded devices, web applications, firmware and hardware development
- You have the ability to break down product requirements and get things fixed
- You like diving into the code to find potential root causes for issues with a new release
- You participate in the code review process by providing feedback on pull requests
- You like to discuss technical challenges with the team and willing to step out of your comfort zone every now and then (to e.g. learn something new, or help out the team)
- You like an environment where everything doesn’t have to be serious all the time and you appreciate humor, fun and off-work activities.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of JIRA & Confluence for tracking and documenting
- Development background (preferably in Python/Django)
- Testing experience with Selenium C++ and Qt experience (either just briefly as a hobby or professional) Familiarity with time series databases
- Some basic frontend experience with JS frameworks e.g. Angular
- Experience with real-time streaming data (Kafka, MQTT, …)
- A function in a growing and financially healthy company with real professional development possibilities
- A lot of responsibilities. You will be part of the team, you will be part of decisions and the future of the company
- You will work in our Ghent based office and be part of a vibrant community of young startups with occasional after-work activities
- A contract of indefinite duration with a competitive wage adjusted for your function according to your experience and potential